Soap connaisour
Hmm, how to explain the latest dilemma.
We have bath toys. There are a lot of frogs and ducks. Nathan is acquiring new words and his latest word I didn't expect until MUCH later.
Starts like "f"rog, ends like d"uck".
And he is quite excited and proud of himself that he has a new word. He was saying it over and over, and when I told him "no" not to say that word, his little chin crumpled and he wanted to cry.
The dentist gave out toys after the visit, and Nathan got a soccer colored bath duck. He and I were playing with it where he would toss it, and whenever it landed, I said "quack" in some silly way like the duck got hurt. Now, I think instead of the duck says "quack", his duck says, "F@#&". We've enunciated QUACK as much as we possibly can, but he still won't say quack...
Sooo...what do we do about this one? Any suggestions? It's not like he knows it is a bad word, or what "bad word" means. Although it is hysterical, too. What's the doggy say, "woof"...what's the kitty say, "ow"...what's the ducky say??? Ducky's having a bad day...
In other news, took Ab to the anterior segment eye specialist for the surgery consult. He thinks for now we only need to do the bad eye. The other one can wait. Kind of a relief. So sometime in January...start praying. In the meantime, we got a new glasses prescription from him because they did a few different things and a stronger lens helped her see the letters. She is such a trooper. They had a machine to measure the eye and figure out what type of lens implant she'll need, and the tech was taking the pictures and showing me the lens, how it was way out of place and whenever Abby blinked or moved her eye, it jiggled. That was kind of neat. The parent side of me was sad for her that she has this, the science geek in me was fascinated.




4 comments:
I can remember when you told your dad that was a truck replace the tr with an f.. i think all kids do it..
Just keep enunciating. lol
Too funny...we have had the "sh**" word a couple of times...very close to "shirt" for him...he'll figure it out...until then, enjoy the internal giggles of your potty mouthed child! hehehehe!
I don't know anything about that subject. Not at all. Barkin' up the wrong tree here, missy. ;-)
Love,
your cousin, the speech pathologist
Post a Comment