Haunt y virus
So for Halloween, I made a special lunch. We had cheesy cat eyes (velveeta and shells), giant worms (hot dogs), blood for dipping (ketchup), ghost slices (bread), and fresh squeezed bat (grape juice). Abby was very tickled with the new names. Today, she asked for it again, even the "squish freezed bat".
And now for my latest Dr visit rant.
Had blood drawn a week or so ago to check my thyroid because I actually read over the paper they give you with your prescription, and I had just about every side affect of the medication they listed and it said to contact your doctor. So I go in to see the doctor today and discuss the results. The blood work said everything was fine. So they ask what side affects I was having. Umm...achy legs, insomnia, dizziness, mood swings. Not all the time, just randomly. So they went all over the "insomnia" and were asking about stress levels and before bed activity...no, I'm not jogging around the block before I go to bed. No, if anything the stress is eased since Sean's been home. Have I been depressed lately? No more than usual. (The last time I can remember being ear-to-ear giddy happy was Scholars back in 93. I just assume my personality is more Eeyore than Tigger). So I went in to see if there was some other thyroid meds to reduce the side affects, and come out with a script for anti-depressants. What the heck happened? So, should I take them? Do I really need them or is this just some pill-pusher that wants the gold watch from Pfizer for writing lots of scripts?
Oh, and I wanted a flu shot, but just last night I got a bad sore throat, so they tested for strep. Not strep, but hurts like it. And they won't give you a flu shot if you are already ill. Blast.




3 comments:
re: flu shot... BUMMER!
re: pills... I'd try 'em... if you feel better, they were worth the trip! If after a week you feel the same as before, CRAP! They'll try something else.
Yes try the pills. You really can't tell if you are depressed until you feel better and happy and have the well being knocked back into you. lol
I think it takes longer than a week for most anti-depressants to work...more like a month I believe...I can't remember but I know it takes awhile for it to go through you system...I say take 'em...ya never know till ya try...
Post a Comment