ow
Four years, nearly 5 years ago, I had the absolute worst back spasm EVER. It was shortly after Abby was born, and we had some bad fish in Austin. I was up and down all night and the puking/diarhea must've pulled my back out. I was on the floor for almost 5 days virtually immobile. I really haven't had a big episode since then. My theory is that hauling the kids around and all the weight lifting of picking up kids strengthened my back and helped out.
Why bring this up? Last night, my back acted up again. It is not a paralytic spasm, but it still hurts. Imagine someone kicking you so hard, their shoe got stuck under your rib cage. If only you could get the shoe back out, it might stop hurting. So I laid flat on the floor with my knees on a pillow just like old times.
Nathan is somewhat conditioned that if anyone is on the floor, it is time to wrestle. Or play car. Or airplane. Or generally be his own human trampoline.
So, yeah, back didn't get to relax. I slept on the very firm futon with my knees on a pillow. Now, sleeping with your knees propped up is not good for your knees. I usually have to sleep with them completely straight or I get horrible knee cramps. (Geez, I sound like I'm 80 years old) So all night I was waking up wanting to turn on my side to straighten out my knee. Didn't get much sleep.
So here I am, moble, but don't make any sudden twisting movements, and exhausted. I cannot BELIEVE Rob went thru an even worse version of this for 2+ years now. My hats off to you, bro. I hope that surgery finally succeeded in extracting your shoe.
PS...big activities this past weekend. Read Nana's blog.




1 comment:
Poor thing I hope your back is feeling better..
Post a Comment