baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Nocturnalish

I realize we are on a very odd schedule anyway, but lately, since the kids go to bed so late, and I have been doing my online house hunting after they are in bed, and then I lay in bed and play my house/community/school district chess game in my head, the last couple of nights I haven't been able to sleep until after 4 sometime. Yeah...AM. At least the kids sleep in, so I get 5 or 6 hours. But my eyes are burning and I don't think it is from the conjuctivitis.

I thought we had narrowed down a community to look at, so before Sean left, we drove by it. It wouldn't be too bad, but they are socking in new housing like there is no land left in the world. You could spit from your front door and hit the neighbor in the head. I'm spoiled out here. I like my elbow room. Besides, with that many new homes going in, when we are ready to resell, who's going to want our old digs? So, I expanded the search and found a DREAM house, quite affordable, lots of elbow room. Had Dad drive by it since he is there all week, and he said there was no sale sign in the yard. So I call the realtor (it was listed on Yahoo real estate), and she says that it was for sale 2 years ago. Hmm. No wonder it was so cheap. But now I can't trust Yahoo real estate because they have bunk listings from 2 years ago.

So then we had a realtor walk thru our place, and he did a market analysis for us, but I think we want some other opinions. He would be fine, I guess, but he was kind of negative. I'm telling him all the updates we've put in, and he's harping on "Well, it doesn't have a basement. People want a basement even if they don't use it." Sorry, can't make a basement magically appear.

In other news, Nathan has learned to get up. What a crazy thing to say about a 17 month old. It is terribly funny to watch, and I really need to get it on film before it becomes more smooth. He rolls to his belly, starts digging in with his feet until his butt is completely in the air and his head is still planted on the ground. Sometimes in this position, he almost does a somersault. It looks like he is standing on his head. Then, he pushes up with his hands enough to shift the weight to his legs and pull his head off the ground. Then he goes into a deep-knee crouch and then stands up. I'm glad he finally figured it out. I have to wonder, tho, if his supersized noggin was just too heavy and acted like an anchor up til now??? Today was the very first day that I found him standing up in his crib after his nap. Might have to finally lower the mattress.

Oh, and his latest thing that cracked me up...he covers his eyes with his hands, waits, and then uncovers. But, instead of saying "peekaboo", he says, "cheese".

2 comments:

Judy said...

Way to go Nathan....next is potty training....HAHAHA.

gjlac said...

Good job Nate!