baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Hokey Smoke, Bullwinkle

The phone rings this morning while I'm still dreaming. The realtor has someone that wants to see the house in 20 minutes. He's closing on his house soon and needs a place to live asap. Ummm...my kids are still in bed, but sure. And someone else wants to see it at 3:30. Wow, a regular flurry of action.

So I run around the house trying to do that last minute tidying which takes longer than I expected. The agent knocks on my door as I'm swishing my Clorox wand around a toilet. The client isn't here yet, but soon. So, I drop everything, get Abby and Nathan out of bed, still in their jammies, and as the agent takes the client around the back to see the backyard, we sneak across the street to Nana's house.

Of course, I can't resist and peek thru the blinds to see what is going on. They are outside awhile, then go in. It seems like a short time and they come back out and leave. OK, so that was too quick, he must not have liked it.

So I spend most of the morning cleaning more thoroughly. I explode some lunch in the microwave and realize that was a real gunkfest, so that gets a good scrub. By afternoon, the house looks pretty good. I even did the windows which haven't been done for quite some time.

We go to Sonic for Thirsty Thursday and then play at the mall Kidzone for a bit. While we are out, my realtor calls. Guy number 1 has put forth an offer and given earnest money!!!! Huh? That was fast. I discuss with Sean while we wait to see if second group offers anything.

So, ping-pong of calls later...pending some signatures and assigning a closing date...I have a buyer for my house! It was only on the market 70 hours. Cross your fingers that all the rest of the pieces fall into place.

Oh, and one of the things the buyer is asking is that we have it "professionally cleaned" before closing. I will admit, it was a bit grungy on only 20 minutes notice. Sean's work buddy thought that perhaps it was the cat issue...maybe he or someone in the family is allergic and wants it very cleaned up before they move in. I think I'll go with that. It sounds better than "Hey, I'm a crappy housekeeper."

2 comments:

Jen said...

That is an awesome feeling! WHOO HOO!

amanda said...

congratulations!! :-)