baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Monday, April 09, 2007

Needing a miracle!

OK, here's the real deal. Career guy offered us Indianapolis or Nashville. I've been to both towns, and I'd rather live in Nashville. However, Sean looks up what he can, and Nashville is packing up to go to Iraq. So, we don't want to go there. That leaves Indianapolis. Sean "says" (and it is in quotes because it becomes hard to trust anything army) Indianapolis is not supposed to go anywhere for 3-5 years. I don't particularly care to live in Indianapolis. It would be like West Virginia again. All alone and far far from family and friends.

So Sean talks to the career guy again about the openings he is seeing on some website that is supposed to show the job openings. Particularly Des Moines. The guy offered it in January I think, but it is not near any sort of big military post, so Tricare will suck again, so we didn't want it at the time. But it would be a couple of hours from Rob and a couple hours to the bulk of the family, so it wouldn't be that terrible. And there's no military post at all near Indianapolis, so it will suck all around anyway. Career guy said he would call about it, which perplexes me. Either it is filled or not, and he is supposed to know all this stuff, right? So we are supposed to call him back Friday to see what he found out.

So PRAY! Pray very hard. Pray we can get something better between now and Friday or else I get to go choke on Nascar fumes and mullet spray.

3 comments:

Clog Nana said...

I am totally praying that you stay here. lol. I know that is not possible. I'll try to behave and place a prayer for the good of your family. Love ya.

Jen said...

mullet spray...that's funny!

I hope something else pops up even closer! :-) Love ya!

amanda said...

also laughing hysterically about the mullet spray... aqua net, anyone??

try to keep your chin up while you're waiting... sometimes i think that's the hardest part... love ya!