Gym-tastic

How cool is that? Abby had her big Gymnastics performance tonight at the Y. Like a recital...show off all the tricks you've learned all semester. She was so cute. The teacher gave all the girls these medals. Neato. I'll have to engrave the back of it to read "Y Gymnastics, 2007" or something. Then we had snacks and that is it for the summer. No more Monday nights at the Y hearing Merabella's grandma gripe at her. (Long sort of story...imagine young girl, baddish unstable family life, thus girl gets attention, negative or otherwise, by not listening, not participating, being a general stinker. The worst part was that Abby learned some bad behavior from her)
Anyway, changes piling up. So it was a LONG time in the works, but Nathan has graduated from a nursing baby to an official "unattached" toddler. While it felt like it took forever, and some people were wondering why I waited so long, you know, after it is over, it feels like a split second. It's only been a week, but I feel like I'm mourning his infancy. That little snuggly newborn is not so little already. Parenting is so full of these crappy little sadnesses. And I think we will move him to a toddler bed soon. Sigh.
Moving news is put off yet another week. Final approval is needed by someone who is on vacation until next Monday. Oy vay.




3 comments:
It was a nice recital. I loved it and want more but it is over so ...boo hoo.
We will have to come up with something else to do for sure.
WTG Abby!!! Medals are cool. No news on the move yet huh?
it was very fun to watch abby do her gymnastics!! my favorite, i think, is hand-hand-foot-foot. :-)
and yay for big boy beds!! :-)
Post a Comment