baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Blog Drought

OK, people. Some of us with no life like reading about those of you with one, so time to update your stories!

Yesterday, we had a brief snowfall. We only got about an inch, and it melted by lunchtime, but Abby really wanted to play in it. She went out with Papa and they were playing. I looked out the window to see what was going on and this is what happened.

She would scoop up all the snow she could with her two hands, bring it over to Papa who would smoosh it into a snowball for her. He would hand the new snowball to her, which she would take and promptly throw right at him. It cracked me up. Good thing she doesn't have much aim right now, or Papa would have snow up his nose for sure.

Otherwise, not much going on. I survived the week alone with the kids. It wasn't bad, but I did miss adult conversations. And bath night is harder.

This Thursday is Nathan's sedated eye exam. Have I mentioned that this group is horrible with kids? They scheduled it for 2 pm which means that he can't eat or drink from 9 am until after the exam. (Hello? That is breakfast and lunch time. He's going to be wondering why I won't feed him. Abby's exam was first thing in the morning, so she didn't have her schedule out of whack.) Not only will Nathan be hungry and upset, we have to check in at 12:30. What are we supposed to do for an hour and a half? So fabulous, not only do I get to listen to him crying for sustenance, we get to share it with whoever else is in the waiting area for an hour and a half, AND the cries of sheer boredom that we have to wait around that long. So I will do what I can...he's going to eat as much as he can at 8 and hope that it holds him until after the exam, and I will bring whatever toys I can to alleve the boredom. I argued with them to see if there was anything earlier, but the doc is in "surgery" all mornings until well into April. Oh excuse me. Some grown up who can understand not eating or drinking can't wait 15 minutes of a morning for their surgery? (The exam itself won't take very long at all) It is like this group has never dealt with kids in their whole entire life.

I'm very tempted to tell them to forget it, we'll wait for the next doctor wherever we move. But, then Nathan squints and rubs his eyes, and I hate to not help him see.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I feel you sweetie wish I could give you a hug and make it all better. Hang in there. Hope to see you soon miss you. Would of loved to have you with us Saturday!!

amanda said...

i don't count myself as having a life... but i updated.

hope the eye exam went ok today.