Ice/Eyes
I'd almost like to live at the hospital. It might save gas money going to all these doctors. Nathan was supposed to have a recheck on his ear infection Tuesday, but that was the morning after it sleeted and snowed and there was no one to shovel a path for the car to get out, so I just called and cancelled. No use breaking our necks to look at ears. And he was just in the ER Sunday, so I think they would have mentioned something if it looked wrong.
Wednesday was Abby's latest eye appointment. I must say, I'm liking this new system. They gave me the dilation drops so I can get her eyes open before we get there and we can get right to it and not have to wait around an hour for the dilation. She is seeing a little better in the one eye, so we can cut down on the patching. But, they say she can only see about 20/60 to 20/80. That doesn't seem good enough. It is hard to say at this point whether it is really that she can't see or that she is not performing well for them. She sits here at the computer on Starfall.com and is starting to sound out words and read things, so she must be seeing something.
Wednesday evening we had Mandy over for our fun night. We got to watch American Idol, eat strawberries in chocolate, and play Diploma Dogs. I had to leave the game early on account of bath and bedtimes, but we had fun. Good clean abiotic fun. :)
Oh, and Nathan can now find his belly button on demand. He thinks this is hilarious. And if you ask him to find his nose or his eyes, he finds his belly button. Why break a sweat?




4 comments:
nothing more satisfying than a little abiotic fun, eh?
did sean make it in?
Abiotic? I looked it up (b/c I am not as well versed as others, apparently) and it says: of or characterized by the absence of life or living organisms.
In case anyone was wondering...are you saying that your fun was dead? LOL!
Um, I think you need to get Nathan on video finding his belly button...that is SUPER CUTE! Does he giggle everytime? I love it when babies giggle! :-)
It was one of the answers in Diploma Dogs. One that neither of us biology majors had heard. It asked if the plants and animals were the biotic part of an environment, what where the rocks and soil part called.
Mandy and I both thought "antibiotic" but we knew that probably wasn't it.
We'll work on the video thing. Usually when we pull that camera out, he wants to play with it and gets distracted.
I understand that...more interested in what is dangling from the camera than performing...dang the curiousity...haha!
Yeah, Mandy explained the abiotic thing when she got here...I was very confused...but that is funny!
Post a Comment