Stinky Slinky
In the depths of Papa's garage lurked the Slinky. A toy long neglected, twenty years at least, it waited...
Papa found it. Cold, shiny, made the old fashioned way out of metal, it made that "chink chink" metal slinky sound. He brought it over here to show the kids.
He built up a "staircase" out of things in the house. The coffee table, a box, a couple of phone books. Both Abby and Nathan were watching intently. How does it work? Both wanted to touch it. Nathan was curious about the shiny new thing.
And then, Papa set it up on the edge of the table and started it up. It just so happened to walk its way down the "stairs" right towards Nathan's feet.
You have never heard such blood-curling screams in your life! Abby liked it, she thought it was neat. But Nathan...well, you'd scream to wake the dead if some inanimate metal circle suddenly came alive and headed right for you, too. Well, you would if you were only 11 months old...
So now, if he has irrational fears about circles and cylinders, we know how it started.




5 comments:
Ok so I needed that laugh I am in tears I am laughing so much!! Poor little guy I can only imagine what was going through his little mind.
hysterical. what's even funnier, is by the third paragraph, i thought i was reading a poem and was sad it didn't rhyme. you should re-write it! it'd be fun.
Oh my, that was funny but at the expense of poor Nathan. My ribs are sore from being sick all day yesterday and I could hardly read on after I started laughing. Ow, Ow, Ow! You better print these funnies off to put in Nathan & Abby's baby books. They will be classics when they get older.
That MUST have been a scream to wake the dead in China if YOU thought it was loud!! Wow!
what did you guys do for the holiday weekend?
Post a Comment