odds and ends
Well, Abby seems to be back to normal. I am still getting used to the new teeth. When she laughs or opens up real big, you see the silver back teeth now instead of white. I always have that split second where I think, "Yuck, did she just eat chocolate syrup?" You know, because her teeth are all black in back...And it is also weird because it looks like they filed them down to put the crowns on. They don't look as tall as they used to be. I sort of remember him saying he might have to do that so the crowns wouldn't feel like thimbles in her mouth. It must be hard to work on such small things.
She is also going a bit crazy about sweets. I know we kept telling her things were bad for her teeth and she couldn't have them until her teeth were fixed. Well, now they are fixed and she is asking for all those things. I know that there shouldn't be much that could damage the new teeth, but I still feel like I shouldn't be allowing any sweets. I see that Rice Krispy Treats commercial where the mom is making treats with her kids and the little girl picks one up and starts to eat it...everytime she puts it on her teeth, I am cringing. NO! Don't let her have that, she still has white teeth! Why are her teeth still good and Abby got rotten ones? What do I do? Childhood was fun with krispy treats and trying new candy and cookies and all of that. I don't want to deprive Abby of that experience, and yet...I don't want what's left of her teeth to go to rot. Do you suppose there is anything that could calm ME down about her teeth? Am I feeling this way out of the guilt I have that her teeth problems are MY fault? The dentist said that there are some cultures that don't have sugar, and they don't have any tooth decay. Makes me want to put Nathan on a sugarless diet. Find cookbooks on how to cook without sugar. That would work fine until he goes to school. And then Christy sent an article that there is just as much potential damage in anything you eat as in a cookie. PARANOIA! And just in time for the Christmas cookie and pie season.
Sean goes back to "work" on Monday. He'll be staying with a buddy until we can figure out what we will do. If only his career manager would talk to him! If he can't move early, we might have to close up shop here and try to join him just because we aren't sure how we would afford two households. If he can move by March, then we will just wait. It's always something.




5 comments:
wowsa. you're right about the paranoia. not sure where you draw the lines... you just have to pick your battles, i guess...
Hope all works out for you and Sean. Sucks to have him here but not have him Here. Loved the pictures of the kids.THEY ARE SOOOOOO CUTE!!
You can't say no to everything...I agree with Mandy...just pick your battles as they come...don't stress about it everyday otherwise you will go insane! Love you! Oh and the pics were SUPER DUPER CUTE!
yes yes... the pictures were very cute!
I loved the pics of the kids.....Nathan is getting sooooo big....and Abby getting to be such a big girl. cute cute cute!!!
Post a Comment