For the love...
What, did we break a mirror lately???
Abby, after 2 weeks of antibiotics for her teeth, 1 week of steroids and benadryl for her hives, AND a flu shot, wakes up crying today. She gets boo boo bear and holds it on her ear. Uh oh. She refuses to eat, refuses pain killer medicine, and mostly lays on the couch crying over any little thing.
I take her to the doctor's office. I don't have an appointment, and even though there is NOBODY waiting in chairs, they won't take us as walk-ins. There is an opening at 2:10. We have to come back later. Gee, thanks for wasting my gas.
So, at the appointment, we find out that she has double ear infections. How the heck did that happen after being on antibiotics and steroids??? This poor kid has had something going on for like a month now. I sure hope it is all about over.
In other news, Tricare denied to pay for her hospital and anesthesia because she doesn't have an underlying, ongoing, or congenital problem that requires dental work in a hospital. Well, thanks for nothing. I got a shot of hope last night looking at the Tricare Dental website (yes, there are two different tricares) because it said that it would cover the anesthesia up to 60%. I call up the phone number to see what we have to do, and she says yes, that is true as long as it is not done in a hospital setting. If it is done at a hospital, they cover 0%. What the &^$%#^!!!! Who cares WHERE the work is done, for pity sake. We wrote our regional benefits guru that this much dental work requires a hospital, and there are NO local dentists willing to do this in their office. We'll see if it makes any difference. At this point, I think we are going to be paying thru the nose, Tricare will do nothing, and we just have to bend over and take it. Let's face it, lately, we have the luck of roadkill.




2 comments:
I want to cry for you just for the Tricare thing...I know, I KNOW how frustrating Tricare/United Concordia can be! SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! Poor Abby girl...she needs a vacation...
I think all insurance companies have bad points but I haven't heard anything good about Tricare. So sorry Abby is having to suffer because of them. It is sad but it sounds like you had better take care of your daughter's problems and fight the good fight later. You could always try the news people that try to solve problems with stuff like that??? Good Luck kids.
Post a Comment