Bionic Teeth Installed
Let me just say that NOBODY needs to get up at 4:30am on a regular basis. It is just cruel.
Abby had to be at the hospital at 6 am. So we had to leave here by 5:15 ish. It was foggy and dark. And nothing is open that early.
She was very happy and in a good mood waiting at the hospital. She was over her earache meds, she sounds like she is finally healthy again. I hated to put her through this just when she is getting back to normal.
She got to pick out a new beanie baby friend to go back with her. She picked out a black bear. The anesthesia lady gave her a gas mask to play with and handle beforehand so she wouldn't be scared of it. They wouldn't let me go back and hold her hand as she was put under. They gave us one of those buzzers you get at a restaurant when you are waiting for a table. They said they would buzz us when it was time to see her at wake up.
Our particular buzzer didn't work, so by the time we got back there, she was already awake and crying. The nurse was in a chair holding her, which I'm sure made her scared some stranger was holding her. She cried for a long time. She was probably tired, scared, sore, and mad. I was upset by that, too. The only thing I really wanted out of today on my part was to be there when she woke up. We were right there in the waiting area, what took so long to find us?
Anyway, she slept all the way home and most of the day. I'm hoping she feels better tomorrow.
Nathan has two more teeth breaking thru and was such a good boy today. He was happy and smiling and walking around charming everybody. He slept while we waited the last half, too, so that was nice. I was a little worried he would get bored and screamy. Anyway, I'm glad it's over.




8 comments:
Sorry your baby had to go through that. glad she came out ok. I dont understand why those people couldnt find you. I had that happen once while I was waiting on Bill. I havent moved except to go pee. Not like I had gone shopping.
hope she gets to feeling better soon. Love you all!!
That is the worst feeling in the world to have to let your baby go through something by themself. I had to do that twice with Christy and several times with Jen. Sorry you and Abby had to do it too. So what all did they do to her? Did they make a mold of her teeth while she was out? Did she get temporary caps? Wow...hope Abby is feeling better now and you too.
8 back teeth got work done. From what the dentist told us, he had to do 4 pulpotomies (which is big word for root canal? I would assume he left the nerve alive for the next teeth, not sure how all that works...I just know he scooped out most of her back teeth) those four got crowns, three others got crowns, and one big filling. He says the cement on the crowns is pretty good and should be the only work needing done until they fall out around 10 or 12. Her mouth is full of stainless steel now.
Poor baby...not fun...how is she doing today? Her jaw probably hurts and she doesn't know why...saddest...give her a squish! Awesome that Nathan slept! That is always a bonus!
Good Grief! I hope her baby teeth are the only teeth that are bad. Have the Dr's said whether this type of thing has happened to other kids her age or not? Will it pass on into her permanent teeth? How is Abby doing? Does she have any nightmares about it all? Give her a hug for me. One for you too.
Apparently, it happens quite a bit. He said there may have even been a problem in the way they formed that small microscopic holes in the centers of the teeth could have acted like a superhighway for plaque to get in and rot the cores. It could extend to the adult teeth, so as soon as they start coming in, we are going to have to get them sealed "just in case". Hard to say exactly how it happened, but it happens. Sean has bad teeth, so there you go. Poor kid. She seems much better today, and no nightmares. She's pretty brave for her age.
wowsa. that's a lotta steel. i wouldn't want to be a dentist. teeth are gross.
Poor baby and poor momma for the trauma you both experienced....They prolly just figured you didn't hear the pager....the dolts. They could have come and looked for you. Glad its over and she can now get on with being a kid again....hopefully she will forget the trauma. Love you and hope all is well now. NO MORE PROBLEMS!!! you have had enough for a long time now. Hi Sean...glad you are home now!!!
Post a Comment