baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

All around the mullberry bush

or the couch, as the case may be. No sooner does Nathan start walking on his own than Abby and he start "racing" around the house. He so wants to be where she is and doing what she is doing that he follows her. She thinks he is playing "Nathan's gonna get ya" so she takes off faster and doing circles around him. He goes much faster than he probably should and tries to make all the turns until he either gets tired of it, falls, or Abby gets too far away. Today, tho, his little mind figured out that he doesn't have to follow her every step. He went the other way to cut her off as she came around the couch. I'm so proud...

In other news, after a wild goose chase trying to get billing codes to Tricare for the upcoming dental work, they faxed back 4 pages worth of forms for our primary care manager to fill out before they even look at this issue for "approval". It has to go thru a "secondary" review process that takes 3-5 business days and involves their own doctor to determine if it is actually necessary, and then maybe we will get them to pay. In light of all this red tape, we had to call the dentist and push back the work from the 24th to November 7th!!! Poor Abby. I just hate that while all these bozos are twiddling their thumbs about opening the checkbook, she's the one suffering. I hope her teeth hold out that long. The thing that just KILLS me is that we have in writing in our hands a Missouri State Statute (yes, there is a LAW) that any work on a child under 5 years old that involves anesthesia in a hospital MUST be covered by the insurance company. Therefore, they must pay BOTH the hospital and the anesthesiologist as required by LAW. Therefore, I don't understand what the hold up is...they are required by law to pay...so what is there to "decide"??? They can review all the forms and paperwork they want, but they ultimately have to fork it up, so why can't we just cut to the chase and get this done sooner rather than later??? How about a little common sense and expedience? If we are ready and the doctor is ready and the hospital is lined up...why are we waiting for the idiot insurance people? Do you suppose I could become a lawyer just long enough to sue Tricare for all it's worth? I'm sure I could find enough people for a class action...

No comments: