baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Thursday, September 14, 2006

stuff

Hey, Nathan has teeth. His first one came through where you can actually see it like Monday, and the second one is feelable and may be just barely through. Two bottom teeth.

The other day, Abby was parroting all the rules she hears over and over every day. She said, "No hitting, no kicking, no pushing, no screaming, and no meaning!" (I tell her not to be mean to Nathan, so...no meaning!)

Going to the hairdresser tomorrow. Getting a bit nervous. I haven't cut my hair drastically since Abby turned 1, so it's been two years. I think I want something short and more interesting than just long. However, I get worried that when I go short, I will look like a boy. I also worry that it will call attention to the acne scars on my cheeks. Not sure why this is because I usually have my hair in a pony anyway, so the cheeks are out there, but I think the length is kind of a security blanket. I know that I can let it down and hide the cheeks if I want. I also know that Sean likes it long, so I don't want to disappoint him, but I've had long hair FOREVER. Time for an update. Besides, it can always grow out again. (Just takes two years...) Listen to me ramble...it is like I'm still trying to talk myself into it.

In other news, I slept with the ceiling fan on Saturday night and woke up Sunday with a whirring noise in my right ear. It doesn't hurt, but it is very annoying (especially ina very quiet room like trying to go to sleep), and hasn't gone away yet. I looked it up on WebMD and the closest thing they called it was tinnitus (ringing in the ears), and made it sound like there's nothing to do to fix it. Suck! It annoyed me so much last night that I went to the medicine cabinet looking for some Debrox or something to alter it. The only thing I found was Swim Ear, and I don't think that did much but make my ear wet. Anyone know how to make it stop???

1 comment:

gjlac said...

I have tinnitis (sp) and I hate to tell you but it doesn't go away. I hear "night sounds" like cicadas (not loud until I am in a quiet room or think about it). I don't really know when I got mine or why but it does drive you crazy if you focus on it. I have learned to ignore it most of the time but there are times, like now, that I can hear it again so I have to distract myself. I use a fan at night, but it is on the floor, so it drowns the sound. Let me know what you find to help you.