baby developmentbaby developmentbaby development

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Graduation

Abby "graduated" from school last night. There was a big potluck supper and then the "closing ceremonies". It seems when I was a kid going to VBS (same church, mind you) we had the finale in the sanctuary and the kids had to line up on the steps near the altar facing the parents and sing a couple of songs or at least recite a Bible verse or something.

Last night, we were all crowded in the basement on hard metal folding chairs and there was no big "show". The pastor went through all they things they learned each day, and in between randomly, the kids sang a song. They stood up, turned around to face us, and did the song. Mind you, the big kids were towards the back near the parents, so when they stood up to sing, you couldn't see the little kids at all. Abby didn't stand up, or turn around, and I don't think she sang anything anyway. It just wasn't very well thought out.

So we get home and Abby is playing Barbies with Papa in the other room so I'm in with Nathan. He has been practicing standing on his own for awhile now. He was doing really well last night and suddenly, he takes like 4-5 steps! It may have been more, but I had to grab him before he got out of arm reach. (I was sitting on the floor...not prepared or expecting to jump up and walk!) He's still very wobbly and tends to just lean forward until you catch him before he smashes his nose on the ground. But last night, he was just taking off. He did it three or four times and I kept hoping Papa would walk in and see it so that he could grab a video camera or at least verify my story. So, my 7 month old is walking and I have no proof. Who ever heard of a kid walking at 7 months???

2 comments:

amanda said...

my actual favorite part of this story is papa playing barbies! he's so great!

Jen said...

This is going to be confusing but stay with me:
My dad's cousin's granddaughter started walking at 7 mos and never crawled either...so I've heard of it...but it is very rare! Your little prodigy...**ahhhh**