fascinating
So here's the little melon-head. I think it has to be big to encase that large, supercharged brain.
So anyway, I had an eye doctor visit on Wednesday. I went to an opthalmologist even tho I don't think Tricare likes it. I wanted him to check out the implants and make sure everything looked healthy. It looks fine and he gave me some new contacts. The thing that gets me when I go to a new eye doctor...I'm like a carnival fun house for him. The nurse who takes the history was like, "I''ll have to ask him what (ectopia lentis) is. I've never heard of it." And then the doc comes in and is like, Are you sure there are no other systemic explanations? Hemocystinuria? The last time I saw ectopia lentis was over a month ago, but the guy had Marfan Syndrome...
No, just the one thing.
Fascinating!
And then I tell him I also have strabismus. He gets all excited that he can do a muscle surgery to correct that. So then he gets out that eyepatch on a stick and starts waving it in front of me from eye to eye which makes my eyes go nuts because they start switching and jumping in order to keep seeing. And he says something like watching the eye jump is always fun. Glad I'm so amusing...
So then after awhile, he tries different things and can't get both eyes to line up and I tell him the Texas doc called it "horror strabismus" because the problem is in my brain and he says that's "fascinating" but his hopes of that muscle surgery fade because it won't do any good, other than cosmetic.
But I have such a complicated eye history for someone so young. But he's so glad I came in. I'm sure rare and odd patients are more fun for docs than the typical everyday patients they have to see. Who knew I was so fascinating?!




2 comments:
Love the pic of Nathan! CUTE TONGUE! :-)
Doctors can sometimes have really poor bedside manner...this one sounds like he was going to get to experiment on you at any given moment...geesh!
(no offense Mandy, I know you won't be this way...lol! love you!)
oh come on people. how else are we supposed to learn. it is fun to see things you normally only get to read about.
by the way, perhaps the picture should include all of him (not that this one isn't super cute) in order for us to adequately assess the size of the noggin in relation to the size of the body. i'm just sayin'.
Post a Comment