3 Year Old Amusement
We had a really fun day. Jefferson City was holding a Kid Fest this morning. Everything was free, and Abby got to see Clifford, McGruff the Crime Dog, a Tiger and a Fox. The Tiger and Fox were part of some local hospitals I think, but the fox was so similar to Swiper the Fox on Dora that Abby got excited and put her hand out and said, "Swiper, no swiping!" three times.
She got a free book from Scholastic and a slinky and a water gun. She saw a firetruck, an ambulance, and a police car inside and out. Her favorite thing, tho, was the giant, inflatable bounce castle she got to jump in.
We even got free burger coupons from Backyard Burger for me and my "husband".
Then we came home and I took a nap because I've been sleeping like a shark lately. (I hear they don't sleep...)
Then, we ran up to Fulton for the Fulton Street Fair Grand Parade. Abby enjoyed it, but man, were people ever rude. We had a nice seat on the curb near an intersection, but when the parade started up, people just walked into the street and stood right in front of us. The intersection was nearly impassable, so many people were standing in it. What happened to standing on the curb to watch the parade? What happened to giving a courteous look behind you to see if you are blocking somebody who was there before you? I don't mind if they were kids running out to grab the candy...no big deal...but these were full grown, 5-6 feet tall people just standing three feet into the street. Anyway, we walked the street afterward and there was a kid area with another giant inflatable bounce house shaped like a dragon this time, so Abby had to do that again. She's been afraid of those things before. I guess she is getting more daring. She really loved it. Oh, when the Re/Max float went by, Abby totally said, "Look, Re/Max". I can't tell if she can read, or she just knows logos from TV commercials.
We stopped a minute to listen to a band playing on the courthouse lawn. They were playing stuff like "America the Beautiful" and "Battlehymn of the Republic" and some jazzy stuff I didn't recognize. Nathan was having the best time. He loves music, but that jazz started up, and he was kicking and bopping his head and banging his arm. He was even smiling and laughing for no apparent reason. Just liking the tunes, I guess.
So, what a nice day. We learned all we really need to amuse a three year old is something to jump on. All that money spent on toys, and we should have just kept our old mattress for her to hop on.




3 comments:
i didn't know that sharks don't sleep... huh. learn something new...
sounds like you guys are keeping very busy! :-)
Well, I'm not sure if they don't sleep. But, I do know they have to keep moving or they can't breathe right or something. so maybe they sleep while they move, which may be an even better description of how my days are.
Jen...shark expert...help us out here...:)
Some sharks rest motionless on the sea floor (like a nurse shark) but most sharks have to keep moving in order to breathe. Sharks are made up of all cartilage and also they do not have a swim bladder. The swim bladder is what controls the fish's buoyancy hence why they don't float...:-) Hope this answers your question...haha!
Post a Comment