Dr. v Internet
So I specifically asked my pediatrician at N's last visit if there were any foods to avoid that might be making N spit up. She said, no, eat whatever I want, just keep breastfeeding.
So I go online and search for breastmilk allergy and there is a treasure trove of advice on this same subject. Many describe the same symptoms N has and what they avoided to fix it.
Apparently, it is rather common for babies to be sensitive to cow's milk protein which can easily pass into my milk. So for the next two weeks or so, I'm going off of all things Dairy. I want to see if maybe this is the culprit.
They also listed wheat, eggs, and soy. I suppose these are the major allergy food groups. I will do my best to avoid these as well, but wheat and soy seem to be in everything. Have you ever read the ingredient label in nearly any food item you pick up? Soy Lethicin appears darn near every time. What is it? Why do we need it in all our food? I think if I really stuck to that allergy diet, the only things I can eat are meat and veggies. Maybe I'll get really healthy.
On a related note, Rice milk is super sweet. It is not a change I would want to adopt forever. And I think my body rebelled against it last night. I was on the throne from 330 to 410am with nasty cramps and finally some explosive relief. I don't know if I can afford losing sleep, so maybe I'll have to find some other alternative. Or maybe it was the chicken strips I had at Wendy's trying to avoid the wheat flour in the buns...(I know, there is probably wheat in the crispy coating)
Any great allergen-free recipes out there?




1 comment:
Babies can also SOMETIMES be allergic to mom's milk period no matter what you eat. I read that somewhere too...just a thought...I have no ideas though for your allergen free food...I have no idea what is in half the stuff I eat...which should flash a red light at me to stop eating stuff I don't know what is in it...but, OH WELL! I love it! Damn the man who created food and all it's sugary, soyey goodness!
Post a Comment